This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
We report our experience with the Biomedicus centrifugal pump in a child with low cardiac output.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart, Lung and Circulation
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Linksherzassistsysteme, Kunstherz.in: Hombach V (Hrsg) Kardiovaskulare Chirurgie. Schattauer, Stuttgart, New York1990: S227-5247
- Prolonged extracorporeal life support of paediatric and adolescent cardiac transplant patients.Ann Thorac Surg. 1990; 50: 791-795
- Prolonged ventricular support using a centrifugal pump.Can J Surg. 1989; 32: 342-344
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for postoperative cardiac support in children.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1987; 93: 27-35
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for postcardiotomy cardiogenic shock in children.Ann Thorac Surg. 1989; 47: 903-906
- Extracorporeal: membrane oxygenation for the circulatory support of children after repair of congenital heart disease.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1990; 100: 498-505
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in children after cardiac surgery.Circulation. 1992; 86: II305-II310
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for circulatory support after repair of congenital heart defects.Ann Thorac Surg. 1989; 48: 206-212
- Clinical experience with centrifugal pump ventricular support at UCLA Medical Center.Trans Am Soc Artif Intern Organs. 1988; XXXIV: 505-509
- Experimental evaluation and clinical application of paediatric ventricular assist device.Trans Am Soc Artif Intern Organs. 1989; XXXV: 606-608
- Left ventricular assist with the Bio-Medicus Pump on a 4-month-old infant with anomalous left coronary artery.J Extra-Corporeal Technol. 1989; 21: 73-74
- Clinical experience with the HTK-cardioplegic solution for the correction of congenital heart defects.in: Crupi G. Paranzan L. Anderson R.H. Perspectives in Pediatric Cardiology. Pediatric Cardiac Surgery. Vol 2.. Futura Publishing Company Inc, Mount Cisco, New York1991 (in press)
- Left heart support with a ventricular assist device in an infant with acute myocarditis.Critical Care Med. 1992; 20: 704-707
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation rescue in children during cardiac arrest after cardiac surgery.Circulation. 1992; 86: II300-II304
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for perioperative support in pediatric heart transplantation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1991; 102: 148-152
- Cardiac stun in infants undergoing extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1991; 101: 607-611
- Doppler echocardiographic evaluation of cardiac performance in infants on prolonged extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.Am J Cardiol. 1988; 62: 926-934
- Nonpulsatile total left ventricular support in pediatric patients.Critical Care Med. 1992; 205: 704-707
- Centrifugal pump left heart assist in pediatric cardiac operations.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1991; 102: 624-630
- Complement activation during cardiopulmonary bypass: Evidence for the generation of C3a and C5a anaphylotoxines.N Engl J Med. 1981; 304: 497-503
- Endotoxaemia and enhanced generation of oxygen radicals by neutrophils from patients undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1989; 98: 381-385
- Leucocyte depletion ameliorates free radicals mediated lung injury following cardiopulmonary bypass.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1990; 99: 873-877
© 1994 Published by Elsevier Inc.