A case of ST-elevation myocardial infarction as the first presentation of polycythaemia vera is described. The discussion summarises the evidence for the safety and efficacy of contemporary ST-elevation treatment strategies in the setting of polycythaemia vera.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart, Lung and Circulation
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Acute total aortic occlusion during cardiac catheterization associated with polycythemia vera.Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1988; 14: 108-110
- Is conventional antiplatelet therapy for the prevention of coronary stent thrombosis always safe? A case report of a patient with polycythemia vera.Ital Heart J. 2004; 5: 163-166
- Recurrent coronary stent thrombosis.Acta Cardiol. 2000; 55: 371-373
Gruppo Italiano Studio Policitemia. Polycythemia vera: the natural history of 1213 patients followed for 20 years. Ann Intern Med 1995;123:656–64.
- Daily aspirin—only half the answer.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 99-101
- Efficacy and safety of low-dose aspirin in polycythemia vera.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 114-124
- The management of acute myocardial infarction in a patient with polycythemia rubra vera during the thrombolytic era—does it make a difference?.Can J Cardiol. 1997; 13: 59-63
- Intraventricular thrombosis in polycythemia vera: a cause of intractable cardiac failure.Am Heart J. 1980; 100: 520-522
- Vascular complications of essential thrombocythaemia: a link to cardiovascular risk factors.Br J Haematol. 1993; 83: 198-203
© 2004 Australasian Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons and the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.