We report a case of spontaneous coronary artery dissection occurring in a young female who had been diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome. Coronary angiography revealed extensive dissection in the proximal to mid LAD. She was treated conservatively with an excellent result. Follow-up coronary angiography at two months failed to reveal any evidence of the previous dissection.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart, Lung and Circulation
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Acute myocardial infarction from spontaneous coronary artery dissection a case report and review of the literature.Cardiol Rev. 2004; 12: 3-9
- Coronary artery dissection during pregnancy and the postpartum period: two case reports and review of the literature.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2001; 52: 88-94
- Dissecting haematoma of the coronary artery: a possible complication of oral contraceptive therapy.JAMA. 1973; 223: 550-551
- Myocardial infarction by spontaneous dissection of coronary arteries in a subject with type IV Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.Presse Med. 1995; 24: 1345-1347
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosis.Hawaii Med J. 2003; 11: 248-253
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection in a young woman resulting from an intense gymnasium “work-out”.Int J Cardiol. 1994; 47: 193-194
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection associated with sexual intercourse.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 93: 1323-1324
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection associated with cocaine use: a case report and brief review.Cardiovasc Pathol. 2001; 10: 141-145
- Clinical course and long-term prognosis of spontaneous coronary artery dissection.Am J Cardiol. 1989; 64: 471-474
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection in the postpartum period: association with antiphospholipid antibody.Heart. 2004; 90: e53
- Recurrent spontaneous coronary artery dissection.Catheter Cardiovasc Intervent. 2005; 66: 566-569
- Extension of a spontaneous coronary artery dissection due to thrombolytic therapy.Catheter Cardiovasc Diagn. 1994; 33: 157-160
- Double vessel extension of spontaneous left main coronary artery dissection in young women treated with thrombolytics.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2001; 52: 226
- Pregnancy related coronary artery dissection: a case report and collective review.Conn Med. 1993; 57: 135-139
Accepted: August 16, 2006
Received in revised form: August 7, 2006
Received: May 28, 2006
© 2006 Australasian Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons and the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.