Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and other risk factors for coronary heart disease in female runners.New Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1298-1303
- Long-term effects of varying intensities and formats of physical activity on participation rates, fitness, and lipoproteins in men and women aged 50 to 65 years.Circulation. 1995; 91: 2596-2604
- The role of exercise in blood pressure control: supportive evidence.J Hypertens. 1995; 13: 1223-1227
- Intensity and amount of physical activity in relation to insulin sensitivity: the insulin resistance atherosclerosis study.JAMA. 1998; 279: 669-674
- Walking compared with vigorous physical activity and risk of type 2 diabetes in women: a prospective study.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1433-1439
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 937-952
- Exercise type and intensity in relation to coronary heart disease in men.JAMA. 2002; 288: 1994-2000
- Physical activity and coronary heart disease in men: the Harvard alumni health study.Circulation. 2000; 102: 975-980
- The efficacy of exercise as an aid for smoking cessation in women: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 1229-1234
- Physical exercise and the prevention of disability in activities of daily living in older persons with osteoarthritis.Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 2309-2316
- Recreational physical activity and the risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women: the women's health initiative cohort study.JAMA. 2003; 290: 1331-1336
- Physical activity, obesity, height, and the risk of pancreatic cancer.JAMA. 2001; 286: 921-929
Participation in exercise, recreation and sport survey 2004 annual report: Australian Sports Commission, Australian Government; 2005:1–64.
La Gerche A, Connelly KA, Mooney DJ, MacIsaac AI, Prior DL. Biochemical and functional abnormalities of left and right ventricular function following ultra-endurance exercise. Heart; in press.
- Morphological and functional differences in cardiac parameters between power and endurance athletes: a magnetic resonance imaging study.Acta Physiol Hung. 2004; 91: 49-57
- Functional and metabolic evaluation of the athlete's heart by magnetic resonance imaging and dobutamine stress magnetic resonance spectroscopy.Circulation. 1998; 97: 666-672
- The athlete's heart. A meta-analysis of cardiac structure and function.Circulation. 2000; 101: 336-344
- Prevalence and clinical significance of left atrial remodeling in competitive athletes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 690-696
- Physiological and chemical adaptation to muscular activity in relation to length of rest periods between exertions during training.Fiziol Zh SSSR Im I M Sechenova. 1961; 47: 56-59
- Biochemistry of sport in the Soviet Union: beginning, development, and present status.Med Sci Sports. 1975; 7: 237-247
- Cardiac troponin T alterations in myocardium and serum of rats after stressful, prolonged intense exercise.J Appl Physiol. 2000; 88: 1749-1755
- Pathologic and electrocardiographic findings in sudden cardiac death in racehorses.J Vet Med Sci. 1999; 61: 921-928
- Clinico-pathologic conference: sudden death in 47 year old marathon runner.Am J Med. 1984; 76: 517-526
- Sport practice and the risk of lone atrial fibrillation: a case-control study.Int J Cardiol. 2006; 108: 332-337
- Lone atrial fibrillation in vigorously exercising middle aged men: case-control study.BMJ. 1998; 316: 1784-1785
- Does sports activity enhance the risk of sudden death in adolescents and young adults?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42: 1959-1963
- High prevalence of right ventricular involvement in endurance athletes with ventricular arrhythmias. Role of an electrophysiologic study in risk stratification.Eur Heart J. 2003; 24: 1473-1480