Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Consensus Statement on periodic health evaluation of elite athletes March 2009.Br J Sports Med. 2009; 43: 631-643
- Trends in sudden cardiovascular death in young competitive athletes after implementation of a preparticipation screening program.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1593-1601
- Does sports activity enhance the risk of sudden death in adolescents and young adults?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42: 1959-1963
- Sudden deaths in young competitive athletes: analysis of 1866 deaths in the United States, 1980–2006.Circulation. 2009; 119: 1085-1092
Road Deaths Australia 2008 Statistical Summary. In: Department of Infrastructure T, Regional Development, Government. aL, editors. Canberra: ACT 2601; 2009:1–49.
- Nontraumatic sports death in high school and college athletes.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1995; 27: 641-647
- Sudden death in young competitive athletes. Clinical, demographic, and pathological profiles.JAMA. 1996; 276: 199-204
- Aetiology of sudden cardiac death in athletes in the United Kingdom: a pathological study.Heart. 2009; 95: 1409-1414
- Sudden death due to ischaemic heart disease in young aboriginal sportsmen in the Northern Territory, 1982–1996.Med J Aust. 1999; 170: 425-428
2006 Census QuickStats. In: Statistics ABo, editor; 2006.
AFL Current Players and Game Totals (2008); 2008 [accessed at www.AboriginalFootball.com.au].
Aboriginal Indigenous Sport; 2009 [Accessed at http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/sport/index.html].
- Sudden death in young athletes.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1064-1075
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a systematic review.JAMA. 2002; 287: 1308-1320
- Right ventricular cardiomyopathy and sudden death in young people.N Engl J Med. 1988; 318: 129-133
- Cardiovascular pre-participation screening of young competitive athletes for prevention of sudden death: proposal for a common European protocol. Consensus Statement of the Study Group of Sport Cardiology of the Working Group of Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology and the Working Group of Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 516-524
- Pre-participation screening of young competitive athletes for prevention of sudden cardiac death.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 1981-1989
- Comparison of U.S. and Italian experiences with sudden cardiac deaths in young competitive athletes and implications for preparticipation screening strategies.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 276-280
- Public health implications of establishing a national programme to screen young athletes in the UK.Br J Sports Med. 2009;
- Heart-stopping action.Nature. 2004; 430: 606-607
- The Lausanne recommendations: a Dutch experience.Br J Sports Med. 2009; 43: 708-715
- Cardiac findings in the precompetition medical assessment of football players participating in the 2009 African Under-17 Championships in Algeria.Br J Sports Med. 2009; 43: 716-721
- Ethnic differences in left ventricular remodeling in highly-trained athletes relevance to differentiating physiologic left ventricular hypertrophy from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 2256-2262
- Athlete's heart: the potential for multimodality imaging to address the critical remaining questions.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2009; 2: 350-363
Children's participation in organised sport and dancing. In: Australian Bureau of Statistics, National Centre for Culture and Recreation Statistics (NCCRS); 2009.
- Preparticipation screening for cardiovascular abnormalities in young competitive athletes.BMJ. 2008; 337: a1596
3201.0 – Population by Age and Sex, Australian States and Territories, Jun 2008. In: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2008.
- Rural young people and physical activity: understanding participation through social theory.Sociol Health Illn. 2009; 31: 360-374
- Blood pressures and electrocardiographic findings in the South Australian Aborigines.Aust N Z J Med. 1976; 6: 197-205