Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart, Lung and Circulation
- Effect of Door-to-Balloon Time on Mortality in Patients with ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 2180-2186
- Relationship of treatment delays and mortality in patients undergoing fibrinolysis and primary percutaneous coronary intervention. The Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events.Br Heart J. 2006; 93: 1552-1555
- Sex differences in symptom presentation in acute myocardial infarction: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Heart Lung. 2011; 40: 477-491
- Differences in symptom presentation and hospital mortality according to type of acute myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 2012; 163: 572-579
- Symptom presentation of women with acute coronary syndromes.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 2405-2413
- Association of Age and Sex With Myocardial Infarction Symptom Presentation and In-Hospital Mortality.JAMA. 2012; 307: 813-822
- Myocardial Infarction: Sex Differences in Symptoms Reported to Emergency Dispatch.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2013; 17: 193-202
- Acute coronary syndromes without chest pain, an underdiagnosed and undertreated high-risk group*: Insights from the global registry of acute coronary events.Chest. 2004; 126: 461-469
- Comparison of Factors Associated with Atypical Symptoms in Younger and Older Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes.J Korean Med Sci. 2009; 24: 789-794
- Ischaemic symptoms, quality of care and mortality during myocardial infarction.Heart. 2008; 94: e2
- Poor prognosis of patients presenting with symptomatic myocardial infarction but without chest pain.Heart. 2001; 86: 494-498
- Comparison of Outcomes of Patients With Painless Versus Painful ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 337-343
- Presenting symptoms of myocardial infarction predict short- and long-term mortality: The MONICA/KORA Myocardial Infarction Registry.Am Heart J. 2012; 164: 856-861
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Population by Age and Sex, Regions of Australia. Available at: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/Products/3235.0∼2010∼Main+Features∼Western+Australia?OpenDocument. Accessed 19 March 2014.
Western Australian Department of Health. Emergency Department Data Collection. Available at: http://www.health.wa.gov.au/healthdata/docs/EDDC_dictionary.pdf. Accessed 19 March 2014.
National Centre for Classification in Health. The international statistical classification of diseases and related health problems, tenth revision, Australian modification (ICD-10-AM) 6th ed. Sydney: University of Sydney; 2008.
St John Ambulance Western Australia. Available at: www.ambulance.net.au/. Accessed 6 March 2014.
- ECHO: The Western Australian Emergency Care Hospitalisation and Outcome Linked Data Project.Aust N Z J Public Health. 2006; 30: 123-127
Linkage Wiz Record Linkage Software. In: Software LW, editor. Payneham, South Australia.
Government of Western Australia Department of Health. Patient administration system. Available at: http://www.health.wa.gov.au/ehealthwa/home/pas.cfm. Accessed 11 February 2014.
Coventry LL, Bremner AP, Williams TA, Jacobs I, Finn J. Symptoms of myocardial infarction: concordance between paramedic and hospital records. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014;Early Online:1-9.
- A simulation study of the number of events per variable in logistic regression analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 1373-1379
- Symptoms of acute coronary syndromes: Are there gender differences? - A review of the literature.Heart Lung. 2002; 31: 235-245
- A review of symptoms of coronary artery disease in women.J Adv Nurs. 2002; 39: 17-23
- Symptoms in acute coronary syndromes: Does sex make a difference?.Am Heart J. 2004; 148: 27-33
- Clinical features, triage, and outcome of patients presenting to the ED with suspected acute coronary syndromes but without pain: A multicenter study.Am J Emerg Med. 2004; 22: 568-574
- Atypical presentation of acute coronary syndrome: A significant independent predictor of in-hospital mortality.J Cardiol. 2011; 57: 165-171
- Unrecognized Myocardial Infarction.Ann Intern Med. 2001; 135: 801-811
- Sex differences in the diagnostic evaluation of coronary artery disease.J Nucl Cardiol. 2011; 18: 144-152
- Impact of ethnicity and gender differences on angiographic coronary artery disease prevalence and in-hospital mortality in the American college of cardiology-national cardiovascular data registry.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1787-1801
- Correlation between symptomatology and site of acute myocardial infarction.Int J Cardiol. 2001; 77: 163-168
- Physiological and anatomical bases for sex differences in pain and nausea as presenting symptoms of acute coronary syndromes.Heart Lung. 2010; 39: 386-393
- Are manual gestures, verbal descriptors and pain radiation as reported by patients reliable indicators of myocardial infarction? Preliminary findings and implications.Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2000; 16: 98-110
- Older Women's Prehospital Experiences of Their First Myocardial Infarction.Journal of Cardiovascualr Nursing. 2013; 28: 360-369
- Cardiac Troponin Elevations in Patients Without Acute Coronary Syndrome.Circulation. 2002; 106: 2871-2872
- Japanese patients with acute myocardial infarction who present without chest pain.Int Heart J. 2006; 47: 483-490
- Prevalence, predisposing factors, and prognosis of clinically unrecognized myocardial infarction in the elderly.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 35: 119-126
- Mobile Australians: a moving target for epidemiologists.Med J Aust. 2000; 172: 566
- Medical priority dispatch system breathing problems protocol key question combinations are associated with patient acuity.Prehospital Disaster Med. 2012; 27: 375-380