Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart, Lung and Circulation
- Causes of death 2011 (Cat. no. 3303.0).Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra2013
- A systematic approach to chronic heart failure: a consensus statement.National Heart Foundation of Australia, Melbourne2013
- Secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a call for action to improve the health of Australians.National Heart Foundation of Australia, Melbourne2010
Deloitte Access Economics. ACS in Perspective: The importance of secondary prevention. http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-Australia/Local%20Assets/Documents/Industries/Government%20Services/Public%20Sector/Deloitte_Acute_coronary_syndrome_Nov2011.pdf (accessed 14 March 2013).
- Improving the delivery of cardiac rehabilitation in Australia: The Heart Foundation Cardiac Rehabilitation Advocacy Strategy.National Heart Foundation of Australia, Melbourne2014
- Psychological interventions for coronary heart disease.The Cochrane database of systematic reviews. 2011; : CD002902
- Attendance rates and outcomes of cardiac rehabilitation in Victoria, 1998.The Medical Journal of Australia. 2004; 180: 268-271
- The long-term benefits of cardiac rehabilitation on depression, anxiety, physical activity and quality of life.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2010; 19: 2806-2813
- Prescription of secondary prevention medications, lifestyle advice, and referral to rehabilitation among acute coronary syndrome inpatients: results from a large prospective audit in Australia and New Zealand.Heart. 2014; 100: 1281-1288
- Strengthening Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples: A Guide for Health Professionals.Australian Government, Canberra2005
- Identifying participation rates at outpatient cardiac rehabilitation programs in Victoria, Australia.Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation. 1999; 19: 334-338
- Development of an evidence-based scoring system (HF-IS) to assess the quality of heart failure programmes for patients postdischarge from hospital.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2011; 20: 3011-3019
- Secondary prevention of coronary heart disease in Australia: a blueprint for reform.The Medical Journal of Australia. 2013; 198: 70-71
- Advocacy for social justice: A global action and reflection guide.Kumarian Press, Bloomfield2001
World Health Organization. Stop the epidemic of chronic disease: A practical guide to successful advocacy. http://www.who.int/chp/advocacy/chp.manual.EN-webfinal.pdf (accessed September 4, 2014).
NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. Quality and Service Improvement Tools: Cause and Effect (Fishbone). http://www.institute.nhs.uk/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/cause_and_effect.html# (accessed September 4 2014).
- Reducing risk in heart disease: a guide.National Heart Foundation of Australia, Melbourne2012
- Quality of care: a process for making strategic choices in health systems.WHO, Geneva2006
- Acute coronary syndrome care across Australia and New Zealand: the SNAPSHOT ACS study.The Medical Journal of Australia. 2013; 199: 185-191
- Readmissions – Improving health failure outcomes (factsheet).State Government Victoria, Melbourne2013
- Home-based intervention in congestive heart failure: long-term implications on readmission and survival.Circulation. 2002; 105: 2861-2866
- Impact of home versus clinic-based management of chronic heart failure: the WHICH? (Which Heart Failure Intervention Is Most Cost-Effective & Consumer Friendly in Reducing Hospital Care) multicenter, randomized trial.Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2012; 60: 1239-1248
- Consultation draft: Clinical Care Standard for Acute Coronary Syndrome.Commonwealth of Australia, Sydney2013
- Alternative models of cardiac rehabilitation: a systematic review.European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. 2013;
- Contemporary themes in acute coronary syndrome management: from acute illness to secondary prevention.The Medical journal of Australia. 2013; 199: 174-178
- Cardiac rehabilitation: fit to face the future?.Heart. 2014; 100: 355-356
National Heart Foundation of Australia. A toolkit for health professionals: Improving cardiac rehabilitationand heart failure services. 2014. http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/HF-ToolKit-Booklet.pdf (accessed 4 September 2014).