To evaluate the safety and efficacy of transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) for high-risk patients with aortic stenosis using the J-Valve system.
30 high-risk patients with severe AS underwent TAVI procedure were enrolled with mean age 74.5 ± 4.5 years and mean logistic Euro-SCORE-I of 28.4 ± 9.6%. All patients were followed up for 6 months. Outcomes were analysed in accordance with the updated standardised endpoints defined by the Valve Academic Research Consortium -2 (VRAC-2) criteria.
VARC-2 defined device success was obtained in 93% (28 of 30 patients). No operative mortality was noted. No major complications such as third-degree AV-block, myocardium infraction or cerebrovascular events were noted during procedure and follow-up. Transvalvular PG was decreased at 6 months compared with preoperative state (PG mean: 55.4 ± 14.9 vs 14.6 ± 6.9 mmHg p < 0.01). No moderate or above degree paravalvular leakage (PVL) was noted. All patients with successful valve implantation were alive with improved exercise tolerance.
Our initial result has demonstrated that the J-Valve system has the potential to become a feasible treatment option for high-risk patients with severe AS.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart, Lung and Circulation
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Successful transcatheter aortic valve implantation for pure aortic regurgitation using a new second generation self-expanding J-Valve(TM) system - the first in-man implantation.Heart Lung Circ. 2015; 24: 411-414
- Treatment of Pure Aortic Regurgitation Using a Second-Generation Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation System.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2803-2805
- Transapical transcatheter aortic valve implantation using the JenaValve™ system: acute and 30-day results of the multicentre CE-mark study.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012; 41: e131-e138
Published online: August 08, 2017
Accepted: July 15, 2017
Received in revised form: January 8, 2017
Received: November 25, 2016
© 2017 Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons (ANZSCTS) and the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ). Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.