Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer in Australia 2017. Cancer series no.101.AIHW Publication CAN 100, Canberra2017 (Available from: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/cancer/cancer-in-australia-2017/contents/table-of-contents. [Accessed 30 March 2018])
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Causes of Death, Australia, 2016. Canberra: 2016. ABS publication 3303.0. Update 27 September 2017. Available from: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/3303.0. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
- Role of preoperative cessation of smoking and other factors in postoperative pulmonary complications: a blinded prospective study of coronary artery bypass patients.Mayo Clin Proc. 1989; 64: 609-616
- Impact of smoking status on early and late outcomes after isolated coronary artery bypass graft surgery.J Cardiol. 2013; 61: 336-341
- Smoking at diagnosis and survival in cancer patients.Int J Cancer. 2013; 132: 401-410
Fiore MC, Bailey WC, Cohen SJ. Treating tobacco use and dependence. Clinical practice guideline. 2008 update. Editor. Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service; 2008. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK63952/. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
- Interventions for smoking cessation in hospitalised patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 16: 1-88
- Perioperative tobacco use treatments: putting them into practice.BMJ. 2017; 358j3340
- Anesthesiologists, general surgeons, and tobacco interventions in the perioperative period.Anesth Analg. 2004; 99: 1766-1773
- Perioperative tobacco use interventions in Japan: a survey of thoracic surgeons and anaesthesiologists.Br J Anaesth. 2008; 100: 404-410
- Perioperative tobacco interventions by Chinese anesthesiologists: practices and attitudes.Anesthesiology. 2010; 112: 338-346
- Beliefs, practices, and self-efficacy of US physicians regarding smoking cessation and electronic cigarettes: a national survey.Nicotine Tob Res. 2017; 19: 197-207
- Nurses’ attitudes concerning the delivery of brief cessation advice to hospitalized smokers.Prev Med. 2001; 33: 674-681
- Registered nurses' perspectives on tobacco reduction: views from Western Canada.Can J Nurs Res. 2006; 38: 192-211
- Frequency of nurses’ smoking cessation interventions: report from a national survey.J Clin Nurs. 2009; 18: 2066-2077
- Smoking cessation and counseling: knowledge and views of Canadian physical therapists.Phys Ther. 2011; 91: 1051-1062
- Supporting smoking cessation: a guide for health professionals.The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Melbourne2014 (Available from: https://www.racgp.org.au/your-practice/guidelines/smoking-cessation/. [Accessed 30 March 2018])
Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists. Guidelines on smoking as related to the perioperative period 2014. PSB 12. Available from: http://www.anzca.edu.au/getattachment/resources/professional-documents/ps12bp-2014-guidelines-on-smoking-as-related-to-the-perioperative-period-background-paper.pdf. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Cessation of Smoking 2015. Available from: https://www.surgeons.org/media/21553848/2015-10-27_pos_rel-gov-031_cessation_of_smoking.pdf. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
- Australian nurses’ smoking behaviour, knowledge and attitude towards providing smoking cessation care to their patients.Health Promot Int. 1999; 14: 133-144
- Increasing hospital-wide delivery of smoking cessation care for nicotine-dependent in-patients: a multi-strategic intervention trial.Addiction. 2009; 104: 839-849
- Hospital smoke-free policy: compliance, enforcement, and practices. A staff survey in two large public hospitals in Australia.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017; 14: 1358
- The Behaviour Change Wheel: a new method for characterising and designing behaviour change interventions.Implement Sci. 2011; 6: 42
- Designing an implementation intervention with the Behaviour Change Wheel for health provider smoking cessation care for Australian Indigenous pregnant women.Implement Sci. 2017; 12: 114
- Systematic review of clinician-reported barriers to provision of smoking cessation interventions in hospital inpatient settings.J Smok Cessat. 2018; : 1-11
Bureau of Health Information. Healthcare Quarterly 2016: Sydney (NSW). Available online: http://www.bhi.nsw.gov.au/BHI_reports/healthcare_quarterly/_nocache. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
- Electronic cigarettes in Australia: Knowledge, attitudes and potential applications in the perioperative period of cardiothoracic surgery.in: Annual Meeting — Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco Conference, March 8–11, 2017, Florence2017
NSW Health. Managing Nicotine Dependence A Guide for NSW Health Staff. Available online: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/tobacco/Pages/managing-nicotine-dependence.aspx. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
QSR International. NVivo Qualitative Data Analysis. Version 11. 2014.
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual Res Psychol. 2006; 3: 77-101
- The Behaviour Change Wheel—a guide to designing interventions.Silverback, Great Britain2014
- Qualitative research in health care: analysing qualitative data.Br Med J. 2006; 320: 114-116
NSW Health. Smoke-Free Health Care Policy 2015. Available online: http://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ActivePDSDocuments/PD2015_003.pdf. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
- Increasing smoking cessation care across a network of hospitals: an implementation study.Implement Sci. 2016; 11: 28
- Providing comprehensive smoking cessation care to surgical patients: the case for computers.Drug Alcohol Rev. 2009; 28: 60-65
- Training health professionals in smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 16CD000214
Cancer Institute NSW. Smoking Cessation Framework for NSW Health Services. Available online: https://www.cancerinstitute.org.au/how-we-help/cancer-prevention/stopping-smoking/nsw-smoking-cessation-framework. [Accessed 30 March 2018].
- Prescription of secondary prevention medications, lifestyle advice, and referral to rehabilitation among acute coronary syndrome inpatients: results from a large prospective audit in Australia and New Zealand.Heart. 2014; 100: 1281-1288
- No smoker left behind: it's time to tackle tobacco in Australian priority populations.Med J Aust. 2017; 207: 141-142