Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Causes of Death, Australia [Internet]. Canberra ACT: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2015 [updated 2017 Sep 26; cited 2017 Nov 14]. Available from: http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/Lookup/3303.0Main+Features12015?OpenDocument.
World Health Organisation (WHO). Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) [Internet]. WHO; 2017 [updated 2017 May; cited 2017 Feb 9]. Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/en/.
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). Cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease: Australian facts Morbidity - Hospital Care. Canberra: AIHW; 2014 [updated 2017 Nov 8; cited 2017 Nov 14]. Available from: https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/0cdf3d37-1b29-47b5-abf5-5f9bd28b79d5/18032.pdf.aspx?inline=true.
- Association of door-to-balloon time and mortality in patients admitted to hospital with ST elevation myocardial infarction: national cohort study.BMJ. 2009; 338: 1-7
- System delay and mortality among patients with STEMI treated with primary percutaneous coronary intervention.JAMA. 2010; 304: 763-771
- Age and sex differences in duration of prehospital delay in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a systematic review.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010; 3: 82-92
- Multivariate analysis of predictors of pre-hospital delay in acute coronary syndrome.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 2706-2713
- The effect of presenting symptoms and patient characteristics on prehospital delay in MI patients presenting to ED by ambulance: a cohort study.Heart Lung Circ. 2015; 24: 943-950
- Does time matter? A pooled analysis of randomized clinical trials comparing primary percutaneous coronary intervention and in-hospital fibrinolysis in acute myocardial infarction patients.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 779-788
- National Heart Foundation of Australia & Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand: Australian Clinical Guidelines for the Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes 2016.Heart Lung Circ. 2016; 25: 895-951
Heart Foundation. Heart Attack Symptoms: The warning signs of a heart attack [Internet]. Canberra ACT: Heart Foundation; 2017 [cited 2017 Nov 14]. Available from: https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/your-heart/heart-attack-symptoms.
- A review of interventions aimed at reducing pre-hospital delay time in acute coronary syndrome: what has worked and why?.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2012; 11: 445-453
- Austalian patients delay in response to heart attack symptoms.Med J Aust. 1997; 166: 233-236
Government of Western Australia North Metropolitan Health Service- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. For Patients & Visitors [Internet]. Nedlands, Western Australia: Government of Western Australia North Metropolitan Health Service [cited 2017 Feb 10]. Available from: http://www.scgh.health.wa.gov.au/Patients_Visitors/.
- Myocardial infarction, patient decision delay and help-seeking behaviour: a thematic analysis.J Clin Nurs. 2017; 26: 1993-2005
Western Australian Department of Health. Emergency Department Data Collection - Data Dictionary Version 1.0 [Internet]. East Perth WA: Western Australian Department of Health; 2007 [cited 2017 Feb 10]. Available from: https://www.datalinkage-wa.org.au/sites/default/files/EDDC_Data_Variables.pdf.
DXT Technology. Global IT Services and Solutions Leader [Internet]. [cited 2017 Nov 14]. Available from: http://www.dxc.technology/fi/press_releases/140908-csc_receives_eu_approval_to_acquire_isoft.
- Classifying subgroups of patients with symptoms of acute coronary syndromes: a cluster analysis.Res Nurs Health. 2010; 33: 386-397
(ABS) ABoS. Income data in the Census [Internet]. 2011 [updated 2016 Sep 20; cited 2017 Feb 10]. Available from: http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/factsheetsuid.
- Mass Media Campaigns’ Influence on Prehospital Behavior for Acute Coronary Syndromes: An Evaluation of the Australian Heart Foundation's Warning Signs Campaign.J Am Heart Assoc. 2015; 4: 1-9
- Patients’ understanding of their heart attack and the impact of exposure to a media campaign on pre-hospital time.Heart Lung Circ. 2015; 24: 4-10
- Factors influencing choice of pre-hospital transportation of patients with potential acute coronary syndrome: an observational study.Emerg Med Australas. 2017; 29: 210-216
- Effect of marriage on duration of chest pain associated with acute myocardial infarction before seeking care.CMAJ. 2011; 183: 1482-1491
- Factors associated with delayed hospital arrival among patients with acute myocardial infarction: a cross-sectional study in Greece.Int Nurs Rev. 2011; 58: 470-476
- Predictors of pre-hospital delay among patients with acute myocardial infarction.Patient Educ Couns. 2009; 75: 155-161
- Reducing Delay in Seeking Treatment by Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome and Stroke: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Nursing and Stroke Council.Circulation. 2006; 114: 168-182
- Factors influencing pre-hospital delay among patients with acute myocardial infarction in Iran.Chin Med J (Engl). 2012; 125: 3404-3409
- Use of emergency medical service transport among patients with ST-segment–elevation myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2011; (Available from: https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.110.002345): 124
- Use of emergency medical services in acute myocardial infarction and subsequent quality of care − Observations from the national registry of myocardial infarction 2.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3018-3023
- Myocardial infarction sex differences in symptoms reported to emergency dispatch.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2013; 17: 193-202
- Symptoms of myocardial infarction: concordance between paramedic and hospital records.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014; 18: 393-401
Department of Health Western Australia. The Model of Care for Acute Coronary Syndromes in Western Australia. Perth Western Australia: Health Networks Branch, Department of Health, Western Australia; 2009 [cited 2017 Dec 20]. Available from: http://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/∼/media/Files/Corporate/general%20documents/Health%20Networks/Cardiovascular/Acute-Coronary-Syndromes-Model-of-Care.pdf.