Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart, Lung and Circulation
- Global, regional and national incidence, prevalence and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.Lancet. 2015; 386: 721-722
GBD 2015 Obesity Collaborators, Afshin A, Forouzanfar MH, Reitsma MB, Sur P, Estep K, et al. Health effects of overweight and obesity in 195 countries over 25 years. N Engl J Med 2017;377(July (1)):13–27.
- Indigenous health part 1: determinants and disease patterns.Lancet. 2009; 374: 65-75
- Burden of disease and injury in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples: the Indigenous health gap.Int J Epidemiol. 2008; 38: 470-477
RPHCM. CARPA standard treatment manual, 7 ed. Alice Springs: Centre for Remote Health; 2017, 1 p.
National Vascular Disease Prevention Alliance. Guidelines for absolute management of cardiovascular disease risk. National Heart Foundation of Australia; 2012, 124 p.
Health Q, Australia RFDS. Primary clinical care manual 9th edition, 9 ed, Cairns: The Rural and Remote Clinical Support Unit, Torres and Cape Heospital and Health Service; 2016, 805 p.
Health Q, Australia RFDS, Council ACY. Chronic conditions manual: prevention and management of chronic conditions in Australia, 1st ed. Cairns: The Rural and Remote Clinical Support Unit, Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service; 2015, 537 p.
RACGP, NACCHO. National guide to a preventive health assessment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, 2nd ed. Sth Melbourne: The RACGP; 2012, 100 p.
- Wide variation in absolute cardiovascular risk assessment in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with type 2 diabetes.Front Public Health. 2016; 4 (6 ed. Frontiers): 434-442
- Integrated clinical decision support systems promote absolute cardiovascular risk assessment: an important primary prevention measure in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care.Front Public Health. 2017; 4 (151–12)
- Is the Framingham coronary heart disease absolute risk function applicable to Aboriginal people?.Med J Aust. 2005; 182: 66-69
- Cardiovascular risk assessment based on US cohort studies: findings from a National Heart, Lung, and Blood institute workshop.Circulation. 2001; 104 (American Heart Association, Inc): 491-496
Governments COA. Healthcare in Australia 2012–13: five years of performance. COAG reform council; 20141–128, Jun.
- Effectiveness of programs to promote cardiovascular health of Indigenous Australians: a systematic review.Int J Equity Health. 2018; 17 (E94–2 BioMed Central)
Institute of Medicine US Committee on Preventing the Global Epidemic of Cardiovascular Disease. Reducing the burden of cardiovascular disease: intervention approaches. In: Fuster V, Kelly BB, editors. Promoting cardiovascular health in the developing world a critical challenge to achieve global health. 2010. p. 1–36. Washington DC.
- Helping to close the gap by providing the evidence base to inform practice and policy in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health [Internet].Australian Indigenous Health Info, 2018: 1-11 (Available from: https://healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/.[Cited April 29 2018])
- Validation and recalibration of the Framingham cardiovascular disease risk models in an Australian Indigenous cohort.Eur J Prev Cardiolo. 2017; 27 (204748731772291–10)
- The correlates of urinary albumin to creatinine ratio (ACR) in a high risk Australian aboriginal community.BMC Nephrol. 2013; 14 (537–13)
- Cardiovascular disease risk management for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in primary health care settings: findings from the Kanyini Audit.Med J Aust. 2009; 191: 304-309
- Prediction of coronary heart disease in a population with high prevalence of diabetes and albuminuria: the Strong Heart Study.Circulation. 2006; 113: 2897-2905
- Validation of the Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Prediction Scores.JAMA. 2001; 286 (180–12)
- Case management to reduce cardiovascular disease risk in American Indians and Alaska Natives with diabetes: results from the Special Diabetes Program for Indians Healthy Heart Demonstration Project.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e158-e164
- Indigenous health part 1: determinants and disease patterns.Lancet. 2009; 374 (Elsevier Ltd): 65-75
- Changing patterns in health behaviors and risk factors related to cardiovascular disease among American Indians and Alaska Natives.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1-7
- Engaging with holism in Australian Aboriginal health policy — a review.Aust N Z Health Policy. 2005; 2: 1-14
- Methodologic advances and ongoing challenges in designing community-based health promotion programs.Annu Rev Public Health. 2003; 24: 315-340
- “Work it out”: evaluation of a chronic condition self-management program for urban Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, with or at risk of cardiovascular disease.BMC Health Serv Res. 2017; 25: 1-10
- Associations of community-based health education programs with food habits and cardiovascular disease risk factors among Native Americans with diabetes: the inter-tribal heart project, 1992 to 1994.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1132-1135
- Effectiveness of a community-directed “healthy lifestyle” program in a remote Australian aboriginal community.Aust N Z J Public Health. 2000; 24: 136-144
- Short term efficacy of a lifestyle intervention programme on cardiovascular health outcome in overweight Indigenous Australians with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007; 75: 65-71
- The effectiveness of community based physical activity interventions with Aboriginal peoples.Prev Med. 2011; 53 (Elsevier Inc): 411-416
- Doing it hard in the bush: aligning what gets measured with what matters.Aust J Rural Health. 2017; 25 (Wiley/Blackwell (10.1111)): 246-251
- Improving access and equity in reducing cardiovascular risk: the Queensland Health model.MJA. 2015; 202: 1-6
- The contribution of community health surveys to Aboriginal health in the 1990s.Aust N Z J Public Health. 1998; 22: 645-647
- Improving cardiovascular outcomes among Aboriginal Australians: lessons from research for primary care.SAGE Open Med. 2016; 4 (205031211668122–12)
- Roads to health in developing countries: understanding the intersection of culture and healing.Curr Ther Res Clin Exp. 2019; 12: 13-18
- A systematic review of adherence in Indigenous Australians: an opportunity to improve chronic condition management.BMC Health Serv Res. 2017; 17: 1-15
- Patients’ and providers’ perspectives of a polypill strategy to improve cardiovascular prevention in Australian primary health care: a qualitative study set within a pragmatic randomized, controlled trial.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8 (American Heart Association, Inc): 301-308
- Polypill-based therapy likely to reduce ethnic inequities in use of cardiovascular preventive medications: findings from a pragmatic randomised controlled trial.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016; 23: 1537-1545
- Patients’ and providers’ perspectives of a polypill strategy to improve cardiovascular prevention in Australian primary health care.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8: 301-308
- Interventions to implement prevention in primary care.2017: 1-81 (Aug 29)
- Cardiovascular disease risk in young Indigenous Australians: a snapshot of current preventive health care.Aust N Z J Public Health. 2016; 38: 470-477
- The Young Person Check: screening for sexually transmitted infections and chronic disease risk in remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth.Aust N Z J Public Health. 2013; 37: 316-321
- Follow-up of Indigenous-specific health assessments — a socioecological analysis.Med J Aust. 2014; 200: 653-657
- Reducing cardiovascular disease risk in diabetes: a randomised controlled trial of a quality improvement initiative.Med J Aust. 2017; 206 (Elsevier Inc): 436-441
- Effect of a computer-guided, quality improvement program for cardiovascular disease risk management in primary health care.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8: 87-95
- Strengthening cardiovascular disease prevention in remote indigenous communities in Australia’s northern territory.Heart Lung Circ. 2015; 24: 450-457
New Zealand Guidelines Group. New Zealand Cardiovascular Guidelines Handbook: a summary resource for primary care practitioners, 2nd ed. 2009, Wellington. 102 p.
- Lipid treatment guidelines and cardiovascular risk for Aboriginal people in Central Australia.MJA. 2009; 190: 552-556
- Acute coronary syndromes in Indigenous Australians: opportunities for improving outcomes across the continuum of care.Heart Lung Circ. 2010; 19 (Australasian Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons and The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand): 325-336
- Sharing the true stories: improving communication between Aboriginal patients and healthcare workers.MJA. 2002; 176: 466-470
- Early identification and preventive care for elevated cardiovascular disease risk within a remote Australian Aboriginal primary health care service.BMC Health Serv Res. 2011; 11 (BioMed Central Ltd): 24
- Community screening for cardiovascular risk factors and levels of treatment in a rural Māori cohort.Aust N Z J Public Health. 2011; 35: 517-523