Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Brain injury and neurologic outcome in patients undergoing extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Crit Care Med. 2020; 48: E611-E619
- Evidence-based guideline update: determining brain death in adults: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology.Neurology. 2010; 74: 1911-1918
- The use of apnea test and brain death determination in patients on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: a systematic review.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 162: 867-877
- Determination of brain death/death by neurologic criteria: the world brain death Project.JAMA. 2020; 324: 1078-1097
- Control of respiratory drive and effort in extracorporeal membrane oxygenation patients recovering from severe acute respiratory distress syndrome.Anesthesiology. 2016; 125: 159-167
- Apnea testing for diagnosing brain death during extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2014; 28: e8-e9
- The use of carbogen facilitates apnea testing in a patient on Venous-Arterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (VA-ECMO). Abstracts of the Neurocritical Care Society 10th Annual Meeting. October 4-7, 2012. Denver, Colorado, USA.Neurocritical Care, 2012: S1-S337
- Efficiency and safety of apnea test process under extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: the most effective method remains questionable.Intensive Care Med. 2016; 42: 1098-1099
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support in potential organ donors for brain death determination.Transplant Proc. 2011; 43: 2495-2498
- The physiology of the apnea test for brain death determination in ECMO: arguments for blending carbon dioxide.Neurocrit Care. 2019; 31: 567-572
- Outcomes, time-trends, and factors associated with ancillary study use for the determination of brain death.Crit Care Med. 2021; 49: e840-e848
- Transcranial Doppler study of intracranial circulatory arrest.J Neurosurg. 1989; 71: 195-201
- Retrospective analysis of transcranial doppler patterns in veno-arterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation patients: feasibility of cerebral circulatory arrest diagnosis.ASAIO J. 2018; 64: 175-182
- Transcranial doppler changes in patients treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016; 25: 2882-2885
- Pitfalls in the diagnosis of brain death.Neurocrit Care. 2009; 11: 276-287
Institution where the work was conducted: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH.