Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Census of Population and housing: estimating homelessness, 2016. In: Government A, editor. Canberra2018. https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/people/housing/census-population-and-housing-estimating-homelessness/latest-release. [accessed 16.5.22].
- Cardiovascular disease in homeless versus housed individuals: a systematic review of observational and interventional studies.Heart. 2020; 106: 1483-1488
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). OECD Affordable Housing Database. 2021. https://www.oecd.org/housing/data/affordable-housing-database/. [accessed 18.5.22].
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Information Paper - A Statistical Definition of Homelessness. In: Government A, editor. 2012. https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/Latestproducts/4922.0Main%20Features22012. [accessed 18.5.22].
- Australian Homelessness Monitor.Victoria, 2018
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Specialist homelessness services annual report 2020-21. In: Government A, editor. Canberra, Australia2021. https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/homelessness-services/specialist-homelessness-services-annual-report/contents/summary. [accessed 18.5.22].
Australian Bureau of Statistics. National Health Survy: First Results methodology. 2018. https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/health-conditions-and-risks/national-health-survey-first-results/latest-release. [accessed 22.5.22].
- Ending homelessness in Australia: an evidence and policy deep dive.UWA Business School, The University of Western Australia, Perth2021
Pawson H, Martin C, Sisson A, Thompson S, Fitzpatrick S, Marsh. COVID-19: rental housing and homelessness impacts - an initial analysis. 2021.
- COVID-19 JobKeeper and JobSeeker impacts on poverty and housing stress under current and alternative economic and policy scenarios.Australian National University Methods ACfSRa, Canberra, Australia2020
- COVID-19 and people experiencing homelessness: challenges and mitigation strategies.CMAJ. 2020; 192 (E716-e9)
- Heart, stroke and vascular disease—Australian facts.AIHW, Canberra2021https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/heart-stroke-vascular-diseases/hsvd-facts/contents/aboutDate accessed: May 26, 2022
- Causes of Death.ABS Website, Australia2020https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/causes-death-australia/2020#contentDate accessed: October 4, 2022
- Prevalence, incidence, and outcomes across cardiovascular diseases in homeless individuals using national linked electronic health records.Eur Heart J. 2020; 41: 4011-4020
- Ending homelessness in Australia: an evidence and policy deep dive.UWA Business School, The University of Western Australia, 2021
- The health of homeless people in high-income countries: descriptive epidemiology, health consequences, and clinical and policy recommendations.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1529-1540
- Disparities in care and mortality among homeless adults hospitalized for cardiovascular conditions.JAMA Internal Medicine. 2020; 180: 357-366
- Cardiovascular outcomes and rehospitalization rates in homeless patients admitted with acute myocardial infarction.Mayo Clin Proc. 2020; 95: 660-668
- Analysis of Initiating anticoagulant therapy for atrial fibrillation among persons experiencing homelessness in the veterans affairs health system.JAMA Netw Open. 2022; 5e2223815
- Causes of death in homeless adults in Boston.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 126: 625-628
- Clinical presentation and outcome of patients experiencing homelessness presenting with ST-Segment elevation myocardial infarction.Can J Cardiol. 2021; 37: 1555-1561
- Diabetes and hypertension prevalence in homeless adults in the United States: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: e46-e60
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease in homeless adults.Circulation. 2005; 111: 2629-2635
- The prevalence of diabetes, pre-diabetes and the metabolic syndrome in an Irish regional homeless population.QJM. 2013; 106: 547-553
- Modifiable cardiovascular risk factors among individuals in low socioeconomic communities and homeless shelters.Fam Community Health. 2008; 31: 269-280
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease among the homeless and in the general population of the city of Porto.Portugal. Cad Saude Publica. 2012; 28: 1517-1529
- Results of a metabolic health clinic at a hostel for homeless men.Australas Psychiatry. 2017; 25: 270-273
- Health indicators and risks among people experiencing homelessness in Melbourne, 1995-1996.Aust N Z J Public Health. 1998; 22: 464-470
- 1.3 Prevalence of smoking - adults Melbourne: Cancer Council Victoria; 2021 [updated December 2021].http://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.au/chapter-1-prevalence/1-3-prevalence-of-smoking-adultsDate accessed: October 4, 2022
- Journeys home: tracking the most vulnerable.. 2017; 8: 17
- Recreational substance use among patients with premature atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.Heart. 2021; 107: 650-656
- Denning P. DiNenno E. Communities in crisis: is there a generalized HIV epidemic in impoverished urban areas of the United States. XVIII International AIDS Conference, Vienna, Austria2010
- Sudden cardiac death in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 59: 1891-1896
- HIV infection and the risk of acute myocardial infarction.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 614-622
- Global burden of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in people with hepatitis C virus infection: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and modelling study.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019; 4: 794-804
- Homelessness, unstable housing, and risk of HIV and hepatitis C virus acquisition among people who inject drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Public Health. 2021; 6: e309-e323
- Mental health services in Australia.AIHW, Canberra2022https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/mental-health-services/mental-health-services-in-australia/report-contents/summary-of-mental-health-services-in-australiaDate accessed: May 28, 2022
- Prevalence, incidence and mortality from cardiovascular disease in patients with pooled and specific severe mental illness: a large-scale meta-analysis of 3,211,768 patients and 113,383,368 controls.World Psychiatry. 2017; 16: 163-180
- Factors associated with non-participation in and dropout from cardiac rehabilitation programmes: a systematic review of prospective cohort studies.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2019; 18: 38-47
- Persistent depression affects adherence to secondary prevention behaviors after acute coronary syndromes.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 1178-1183
- Effects of antipsychotics, antidepressants and mood stabilizers on risk for physical diseases in people with schizophrenia, depression and bipolar disorder.World Psychiatry. 2015; 14: 119-136
- Socioeconomic variation in incidence of primary and secondary major cardiovascular disease events: an Australian population-based prospective cohort study.Int J Equity Health. 2016; 15: 189
- An egalitarian society? Widening inequalities in premature mortality from non-communicable diseases in Australia, 2006-16.Int J Epidemiol. 2021; 50: 783-796
- Indicators of socioeconomic inequalities in cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease.AIHW, Canberra2019https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/social-determinants/indicators-socioeconomic-inequalities/summaryDate accessed: May 16, 2022
- Allostatic load in the association of depressive symptoms with incident coronary heart disease: the Jackson Heart Study.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2019; 109104369
- Prevalence of allostatic overload syndrome in patients with chronic cardiovascular disease.Psychother Psychosom. 2012; 81: 375-377
- Effects of allostatic load on the social gradient in ischaemic heart disease and periodontal disease: evidence from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2008; 62: 415-420
- Homeless health care: meeting the challenges of providing primary care.Med J Aust. 2018; 209: 230-234
- Hearing the silent voices: narratives of health care and homelessness.Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2013; 34: 359-367
- Healthcare experiences of the homeless.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2009; 21: 39-46
- Homelessness: patterns of emergency department use and risk factors for re-presentation.Emerg Med J. 2011; 28: 422-427
- Experience of healthcare among the homeless and vulnerably housed a qualitative study: opportunities for equity-oriented health care.Int J Equity Health. 2019; 18: 101
- Homeless persons' experiences of health- and social care: a systematic integrative review.Health Soc Care Community. 2020; 28: 1-11
- Homeless patients associate clinician bias with suboptimal care for mental illness, addictions, and chronic pain.J Prim Care Community Health. 2020; 112150132720910289
- The ASCVD risk estimator app: from concept to the current state.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 350-352
- Adherence to antipsychotic medication among homeless adults in Vancouver, Canada: a 15-year retrospective cohort study.Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2016; 51: 1623-1632
- Barriers to prescription medication adherence among homeless and vulnerably housed adults in three Canadian cities.J Prim Care Community Health. 2015; 6: 154-161
- Effect of a housing intervention on selected cardiovascular risk factors among homeless adults with mental illness: 24-month follow-up of a randomized controlled trial.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e016896
- Effectiveness of permanent supportive housing and income assistance interventions for homeless individuals in high-income countries: a systematic review.Lancet Public Health. 2020; 5: e342-e360
- Mental and nonmental health hospital admissions among chronically homeless adults before and after supportive housing placement.Soc Work Public Health. 2015; 30: 496-503
- Tackling health disparities for people who are homeless? Start with social determinants.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017; 14
Conroy E, Bower M, Flatau P, Zaretzky K, Eardley T, Burns L. The MISHA project: from homelessness to sustained housing 2010-2013. Sydney; 2014.
- Department of Comumunities. Housing First Homelessness Initiative: WA Government 2021 [updated 30 June 2021].https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-communities/housing-first-homelessness-initiativeDate accessed: October 4, 2022
- Australian Government Department of Social Services. Programs & Services: Homelessness: Department of Social Services 2020 [updated 15 Dec 2020].https://www.dss.gov.au/housing-support/programmes-services/homelessnessDate accessed: October 4, 2022
- Randomised controlled trial of GP-led in-hospital management of homeless people ('Pathway').Clin Med (Lond). 2016; 16: 223-229
- A general practitioner and nurse led approach to improving hospital care for homeless people.BMJ. 2012; 345: e5999
- A general practice street health service: patient and allied service provider perspectives.Aust J Gen Pract. 2018; 47: 44-49
Connelly L. An economic evaluation of the homeless to home healthcare after-hours service. 2014.
- Budget 2022-2023.Canberra, 2022 March 29 (2022)https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2022/03/budget-2022-23-stakeholder-pack.pdfDate accessed: May 18, 2022